Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Bathroom Refresh

AFTER:

 
BEFORE:
 

I couldn't live with the 1970's red oak tri-mirrored door medicine chest on the wall.  So I removed it and patched and repainted the wall.






I installed a glass-front medicine chest purchased quite reasonably from neighbors who were doing a major remodel of their bathroom.  I decided to keep the existing over-the-sink light fixture since the ceiling at that point in the room is pretty low and won't accommodate something taller, without relocating the wiring inside the wall.  I did, however replace the middle bulb, so that it was the same size as the others.   I found a simple, attractive light-weight round mirror to hang over the sink.  I selected a white "hotel-style" 100% cotton waffle-weave shower curtain and hung it.  The rug (cotton horse saddle blanket made in India) was something I had on hand.  Total cost of the refresh:  Less than $100.  So little I had to do to like this small bathroom so much more than before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...