Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Artwork/Design/Creativity/Wonder...Looking forward to the New Year!


supernice.co.uk
Yes . . . I know, first comes Christmas---but I'm excited about upcoming features on my blog beginning in the new year.  I will be interviewing people in various creative fields, including visual and performing arts, photography and interior design.  I believe in the essential productive power, energy, personal contribution, and healing/de-stressing effects of creative endeavors. 

I love the excerpt from a  Martha Graham quote I heard first from my friend Anna Rhodes of An Artists' Retreat with Anna Rhodes, copied below: 

There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost, the world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly and to keep the channel open. 


~Martha Graham




No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...