Monday, May 16, 2011

Consider the Source

It was fun to have my remodel project posted on Design*Sponge's Before & After feature last week.  There were lots of comments and some questions, too.  Many of the questions regarded the sources for the furnishings in the completed space.   
So I felt it may be helpful to post them.  Most items are not new and came from unconventional sources.  I am a believer and doer when it comes to re-using versus buying new and encourage others to do the same.
Often one of the incentives for purchasing previously owned items is the cost savings.  I compiled a list, shown below and included prices for most items.  I truly love the furnishings I found for this space, and am pretty amazed myself at the economy of the items.  So as you look at the photos of the completed space, check the list for the item descriptions and my cost.
Re-Sources:
Chrystal Chandelier:  Craigslist, $10 (Originally had one broken arm which I had professionally replaced for $40).
Drapes:  Home Depot or Lowes:  5’x9’, $10 each
Breakfast table:  Chic & Unique Consignment, $60
Breakfast chairs: Home Again Consignment, EmilieJayne Consignment, Craigslist - $125, $26, $40
Hand made wooden bowl: – Deseret Industries, $2
White-painted Indonesian cabinet: Craigslist, $100
GlobeDeseret Industries, $6
Antique Regency-style sofa: Curb find, Free
Side table (next to sofa):  Curb find, Free
Table lamp: Yard sale, one of a pair for $25
Wall sconce lamp:  Second-Hand Hubie’s, $25 (I had a pair of shades custom made for $40)
Potting bench:  Home Again Consignment, $80
Red cotton/linen zippered pillow cover:   Deseret Industries - $2


Keep in mind that it does require a patient search to do this type of shopping.  ;o)


To see more re-sources I've used throughout other rooms in my house visit my post here, Furnishing Your Home By Recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...