Friday, June 10, 2011

Bowling for flowers

 This ball is about two feet in diameter.  It's made of Styrofoam, originally as a model of the moon for a film.  I bought it at a yard sale for a couple of dollars several years ago.  It was painted a rusty orange color then (the original color of the moon???).  For me, it's been a garden ornament and over the years the color wore off.  I recently decided to repaint it.
 Over the winter I picked up ten bowling pins on craigslist...for free.


I decided to paint the ball blue and set up an arrangement in the garden...for a few chuckles interest.
 One of the pins fell over just as I brought my camera out.  It's probably fitting because this is a graphic representation of my typical bowling score.  ;o)

Here's a close up view of some of the "moon" craters.  How often do you bowl?  For me it's maybe...once in a blue moon.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of bowling in the garden. Do you get to wear your own shoes?

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...