Thursday, July 11, 2013

For Anna Mariea

For Anna Mariea, Acrylic on canvas, 36"x24" - Toni Youngblood 2013

I had been meaning  to paint this picture for a couple of years, as well as others of the sunflowers in my garden.  In May, I lost a dear and wonderful woman who has been in my life for my whole life and was like a mother in the love she showed to me and all those dear ones in her life.  Upon losing her, I began this overdue painting.  While working on it, I was able to think of her with love and cry and smile and paint.  Anna Mariea's favorite flower:  The Sunflower.  Anna Mariea, you brought so much joy and love into our lives with your expansive, inclusive heart.  xToni

1 comment:

  1. Hi Toni,

    That is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for painting for her, and with her mind. Your journal entry is so sweet and I know my Mom was with you while you painted it on canvas. And she is with you now, as she is us.

    Love you so much and miss you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...