Monday, April 26, 2010

Patience is a Virtue...

...that I sometimes lack. I couldn't wait for the back room to be completed, so I moved in and enjoyed it all winter. Below is my new favorite place to curl up with my book and drink coffee. (An extension cord plugged into a kitchen outlet provides electricity for the lamp.)
Below, The room doesn't have walls, but it does have art work hanging.

Below is my new favorite place to have breakfast. There are no finished walls or ceiling, no finished floor, no electricity, but there is good insulation, rugs and drapes and plenty of sunshine and books.
Below photo shows the pups' new favorite place for meals. The bottom shelf of a vintage potting bench makes the perfect raised feeder for my tall greyhounds.
I just heard from my builder today. With winter well on its way out, he's talking about coming back to complete the backroom project---beginning next week. I'm not holding my breath. We won't suffer too much because we are already enjoying "camping out" in relative luxury.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Toni,
    I think patience is over rated. I really like the room and I would have done the same thing.

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very classy and cozy for a "make do" room. Would those be drop cloth drapes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan:
    Yes, they are drop cloth drapes and a drop cloth on the sofa, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I really like this. It looks great! I know one day I'll have mine.

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...