Sunday, July 25, 2010

Celebrating Imperfection!

My friend Suzanne (aka Spunky-Sue) sent the photo above to me, saying she likes it. I believe it was featured on Apartment Therapy blog one day. I LOVE it for highlighting the imperfection of a crack in the aging plaster. One of the things I was awed by while studying architecture in Rome was the beauty of wear and age on and inside buildings---the previous layers of history peeking through (palimpsest). So I have an affinity for the way the large crack in the wall was treated.

I have my own cracked plaster, on a much smaller scale, on a wall in the stairwell leading to the upstairs bedrooms. I looked through my assortment of unused frames and found one that captures and celebrates the textures and colors revealed by the cracked plaster.
Thank you for the inspiration, Spunky-Sue!!!

1 comment:

  1. The saying goes, "Accentuate the Positive". I think it should be, "Accentuate the Negative".

    Kelly
    Second Hand CHicks

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...