Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Artwork: Bacon and Eggs

Bacon and Eggs - Toni Youngblood, assemblage, 2010

To celebrate the repair of the north patio gate and fence, I've hung my assemblage, Bacon and Eggs on the stretch of fence that blew over in the last wind storm. Who knows how old this old wood picket fence is? The milling of the Gothic-style post finials and deep cut pickets is rare today. This style is not what you'll find at the Home Depot or Lowe's. So I'm preserving the old fence as long as she will last. The barbecue grill resides next to Bacon and Eggs!


Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled discards, yearning to breathe . . . art !

1 comment:

  1. I like what you have done with the gate to make this extra bracing look very artistic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...