Sunday, July 15, 2012

Graceful Oval-topped Louis XVI/Gustavian-style Dining Table














This dining table is on its way to consignment at Home Again in Salt Lake City.  It has an oval top with book- matched inlaid oak panels which have been lovingly restored and finished with a durable polyurethane to see many more years of dining. 

















The table edge follows a curve accenting the position of the legs.  The legs are a Gustavian or simplified Louis XVI design.  The table apron and legs are finished in a creamy paint on which a protective top coat has been applied.
 











I want to give credit here to my unwavering helper in recent projects, who really prefers to remain anonymous.  His work has shortened the time in which I can get my pieces completed.  His quality of work is excellent and I enjoy having his collaboration of ideas.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...