Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lanterns - Thursday Thrift Hound


What: Iron hurricane lantern frames
Where: Sundance Outlet Store
Price: $5.00 each






I was searching for something to hold my rolled drawings and posters in my studio. I didn't want to pay more than $5.00 for it and it had to be better than a rubber trash can. At the Sundance Outlet store, I ran across two hurricane glass lantern holders for big pillar candles. The glass was long gone and they were banished to the "As Is" section of the store. They originally sold for $90.00, when they were intact, but obviously the glass on these two didn't do well with shipping. The price was marked down three times. They measure 12 inches tall and 11 inches wide.
I was looking for one poster holder, and this iron lantern frame worked just fine but, of course upon seeing two of these items for only $5.00 each, I had to buy both of them. When I brought them home, my imagination spun wildly---It turns out there can be many uses for these.
Inverted, I really liked them for elevating my two speakers. But then what would I do with my posters---the whole reason for the purchase? And the store didn't have three of them! ;o)
A double-decker plant stand turned out to be the best use of the second one. The sunny window on the stair landing is a great place for plants, but the floor space is limited as it's needed for walking up and down the stairs. This two-story plant stand alows sun-drenched plants and conserves floor space, too!
Happy Hunting, Houndies!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Toni,
    I rarely go into the Sundance catalogue store because it always seems so expensive. Maybe I should pop in more often

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete

LIKE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...